Cookie gift boxes
What you’ll need*
• Biodegradable clamshell takeout boxes (Stephanie ordered hers online from vegware.us/index.php)
• Cookies or other baked items
• Patterned food-grade tissue paper (Stephanie used Martha Stewart’s line from craft store Michael’s)
• Washi tape, which is a Japanese sticky tape available in pretty colours and patterns
• Baker’s twine
• Paper gift tags
How to make
1. For each box, bake-or buy-six to 12 cookies (how many you put in the box depends on the size of the cookies).
2. Line the box with food-grade, or waxed, tissue paper.
3. Neatly stack cookies in box. Secure top of tissue paper with washi tape.
4. Use baker’s twine to secure box, and attach a personalized gift tag.
* Unless otherwise stated in this article, supplies are widely available, including at craft stores, hardware stores, dollar stores or office supply stores.